Week 5 Discussion Board Questions Don’t forget to ask a ? for the class to Answer. Drama Continued!Click Here to read the play: Fences script.pdf .pdf After reading ALL of Fences, by August Wilson answer the following questions.
1. In Act 1 Scene 3, Troy and Cory’s conversation identifies them as two men separated by a generation but sharing a common passion. What is the difference between Troy and Cory? Use some examples to explain your points.
2. Raynell unlike her brothers holds no grudge against Troy. She, like Lyons, Bono and Troy will grow up without one parent, but she will never experience the hurtful coming of age struggle Cory and the older men experienced. How does Raynell, bear witness to a changed world at the house and represent the changing world of the United States?
Part 2:answer the following questions.
1. Why does Wilson title the play Fences? What are some of the symbolic roles of fences in the play?
2. What is the significance of Gabe’s story about seeing Troy’s name and Rose’s name in different places in St. Peter’s book?
3. In Act 1 Scene 4, Troy and Bono reveal their childhood experiences of their fathers which develops each character by providing a revealing back story that informs our understanding of both Troy and Bono. How do their lives compare to the younger generation of Cory and Lyons?
4. What is the difference between Troy and Cory? Why won’t Troy change or see change? How does this hurt his relationship with Cory? What does he think he is doing for Cory?
5. Why does Troy have such a hard time drawing real support from the area of his life which could give him so much, his family, wife, and children?
6. Although he has a deep sense of responsibility to his family, Troy’s behavior towards them is deeply flawed. Explain.
7. Which of the brothers, Lyons and Cory, comes furthest in this play in terms of genuine growth? Which brother does Wilson portray as most admirable? Explain.
8. How does Rose see herself in the play?
9. Explain how Rose comes to achieve heroic proportions as this play progresses. Remember that your assignment (all of your assignments) should be double-spaced with your name and page in the upper left corner. Fences Script pdf
With us, you are either satisfied 100% or you get your money back-No monkey business