In this discussion, you will first introduce yourself to your peers. Tell us a little about yourself. You are also asked to share your thoughts on the importance of brands to you as a consumer. What comes to your mind when you hear the word brand? In this discussion you will share your thoughts about a favorite brand of yours and why you chose the brand. Also, you will discuss how the emotional connection with a brand develops.
In your initial post, answer the following:
- Introduce yourself to your peers. Where are you from? What is your educational and/or professional background? What are your hobbies or interests?
- Share your initial thoughts on what brand means to you. How do brands impact your spending decisions?
- Choose one of your favorite brands from an industry such as e-commerce, automobiles, shopping, restaurants, technology, etc., to answer these questions.
- When making a purchasing decision, is the brand important to you? What about the brand resonates with you?
- Determine whether your favorite brand has a stated “brand promise.” If so, what is it? If not, identify one from another company of your choice. Remember the brand promise is usually different than a tagline or slogan.
- Do you have an emotional connection with the brand? If so, can you describe it briefly? Consider factors such as trust, respect, and other strong feelings.
- When considering a purchase, do you look first for your favorite brand? This may be considered top-of-mind awareness or the first brand to come to mind. Provide an example of a brand that is on top of your mind.
In response to at least two of your peers, address the following:
- Compare your views on how important a brand is to you when making purchasing decisions with the views of your peers. In what ways do your views differ from those of your peers? How might they be aligned?
- Share your thoughts on the importance of an emotional connection with the brand.
- Share your thoughts on how companies should handle customer concerns related to the brand.