[SOLVED] Discussion: Health Conditions and Implications for Women
Some health issues, including heart disease, depression, and autoimmune disease, present more frequently in women than in men. Others, including ovarian cancer and pregnancy issues, are obviously exclusive to the female population. Nurse practitioners focused on women’s healthcare become well-versed in these health issues and apply their expertise to helping to screen for and offer care for patients with these conditions.Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on[SOLVED] Discussion: Health Conditions and Implications for WomenGet a 15% discount on this Paper
Photo Credit: rocketclips / Adobe Stock
For this Discussion, you will select a specific women’s health issue. You will research this issue, and share common symptoms, recommended diagnostic tests, and common treatments.
- Review the Learning Resources for this week and consider the different types of women’s health issues.
- Choose a women’s health issue from the following list and once you have selected an issue, search the Walden Library and/or the Internet regarding the health issue symptoms, diagnostic tests, and common treatments:
- Bladder Issues
- Seizure Disorders
- Psychiatric Disorders
Part 1: By Day 3
Based on the issue you chose, post a description of the issue you chose and your explanation of common symptoms, recommended diagnostic tests, and common treatments. Be specific and provide examples. Use the evidence from your search of the literature to support your explanation of the woman’s health issue you chose.
Part 2: By Day 5
Next, post your responses to the following questions related to the issue you wrote about in Part 1.
- Osteoporosis – What are your options for primary prevention? How would you educate someone on the treatment?
- Bladder Issues – What exactly are the symptoms? What about Interstitial cystitis (IC) and pelvic pain?
- Thyroid – What symptoms occur in women? What can you discern from that? What about infertility?
- Pre-diabetes – Are there menstrual irregularities? What types of medication are they taking? What about pregnancy plans?
- Hypertension – What medications are appropriate for a woman of reproductive age? Should you counsel the woman on appropriate dieting?
- Seizure Disorders – What special implications do you need to consider in this particular population?
- Psychiatric Disorders –Specify the types of disorders i.e., anxiety/depression/substance abuse/eating disorders
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 7
Respond to at least two of your colleagues’ posts on two different days and provide additional insight that might be useful and appropriate for the issue addressed. Use your learning resources and/or evidence from the literature to support your position.
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click on Submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and you cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking on Submit!
With us, you are either satisfied 100% or you get your money back-No monkey business