Organizational transformation is sometimes necessary for companies to succeed and grow. However, the changes that such strategies bring need to be planned and managed well for the transition to occur smoothly both for those leading the change as well as for the other employees in the organization.
In your initial post, address the following:
- Introduce yourself, including some information about your educational or professional background. Include some thoughts about your experience with the MBA program so far.
- Share some professional and functional skills you have acquired during your MBA journey. Also, identify any skills that you hope to continue to develop in the near future to align with your career goals.
- Next, address the following questions regarding organizational strategy and change management:
- Have you been impacted by strategic decisions that led to organizational transformation in your current or past workplace or school? If yes, share your experience with how the organizational change was managed, what helped the transition, and what didn’t.
- If you haven’t experienced organizational change in real life, imagine a situation where an organization you work for is being restructured. What would you want the organization to do before and during the restructuring to help you with the transition?
In your response to two peers, address the following:
- Compare your experiences related to organizational change management with those of your peers. Do you share the same experience of what worked well and what didn’t?
- Do you think any of the organizational changes in your peers’ examples could have been handled better? How?