[SOLVED] EXCEPTIONAL GENIUS ONLY
Top of Form
Reflect upon the diagnostic exercise you participated in this week. Select one of the individuals you interacted with, and based on his or her health assessment, develop a health plan to help them prevent the disease and improve their quality of life. Your plan should include health care recommendations, educational materials, support systems for making lifestyle changes, and tools and resources for managing and monitoring symptoms.
As part of your plan, include the following:
- Provide a brief summary of the individual’s health assessment, the physiologic signs and symptoms of the individual’s highest disease risk, and the impact of that disease on his/her functional health status.
- Provide a health plan for risk prevention addressing diet, exercise, health monitoring recommendations, pharmacological aids, diagnostic testing recommendations, and additional lifestyle changes. Clearly explain the interrelationships between pathophysiology, pharmacology, diagnostic testing, and management on the individual’s health and the disease.
- Identify and summarize at least one current pharmacological advancement or a key piece of substantiated research in the treatment or prevention of the disease. Cite your source(s).
- Identify two or more websites to aid in the physical and mental well-being of the individual. Include the web links and a summary of the features and benefits of each site in a brief paragraph. Explain how specific components/features of the site can benefit your individual’s health care.
What are the components of a successful diabetes care team? Is this something that is practiced where you currently work? Of the best practices shared in this week’s video clips, which do you think is most important? How would you incorporate this into your practice?
It is important to determine the validity and reliability of the research instruments when reading a research study. How does the validity and reliability of an instrument influence the credibility of the study and the value of the evidence?
What characteristics should be appraised when evaluating qualitative and quantitative research design? Which characteristics are the most important and why?
Also I need this.
Review the following case study and complete the questions that follow. For this assignment, write your responses to each question as one narrative rather than separating your responses by question number. Include an introduction and a conclusion. Submit your answers using APA format, well-written sentences, and detailed explanations. Your analysis must be scientifically sound, necessary, and sufficient.
You must also include a bibliography of at least 3 sources (with at least one non Internet source). Your textbook may not be included as a source for this assignment. Refer to the rubric for more information on how your assignment will be graded.
M.K. is a 45-year-old female, measuring 5’5” and weighs 225 lbs. M.K. has a history of smoking about 22 years along with a poor diet. She has a history of Type II diabetes mellitus along with primary hypertension. M.K. has recently been diagnosed with chronic bronchitis. Her current symptoms include chronic cough, more severe in the mornings with sputum, light-headedness, distended neck veins, excessive peripheral edema, and increase urination at night. Her current medications include Lotensin and Lasix for the hypertension along with Glucophage for the Type II diabetes mellitus.
The following are lab findings that are pertinent to this case:
- What clinical findings correlate with M.K.’s chronic bronchitis? What type of treatment and recommendations would be appropriate for M.K.’s chronic bronchitis?
- Which type of heart failure would you suspect with M.K.? Explain the pathogenesis of how this type of heart failure develops.
- According to the B.P. value, what stage of hypertension is M. K. experiencing? Explain the rationale for her current medications for her hypertension. Also, discuss the impact of this disease in the U.S. population.
- According to the lipid panel, what other condition is M.K. at risk for? According to this case study, what other medications should be given and why? What additional findings correlate for both hypertension and Type II diabetes mellitus?
- Interpret the lab value for HbA1c and explain the rationale for this value in relation to normal/abnormal body function?
Recommended: [SOLVED] nursing theory and one non-nursing theory